Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Duct tape wallet; funny news.

Behold, the new and improved Duct Tape Wallet! But this time, I'm keeping it for myself. I shall be more exclusive in giving out DIY stuff from now onwards.



This one's made out of white duct tape and clear tape. The rationale for using clear tape is to minimise bulk.







Not bad, eh? I haven't figured out how to install a coin compartment yet, though. I don't have any press studs at home, neither do I have velcro. Buttons would be too bulky; zips just won't work unless I sew them on, and needles just don't go well with sticky tape. How?



I also created a little window for a card compartment, but I've no idea where to place it. Neat, huh? I guess I could afford to personalise the wallet a little more, but I like it simple and unadorned.

I didn't know duct tape wallets were a geeky thing! I just thought duct tape was a handy sort of invention that could be used for anything and everything... but I guess that property makes it geeky already.

*******

I cracked up reading this in the news today.



Is it mandatory to know how to bake a cake by eleven? Is it so disgraceful that a little boy canot bake a cake by eleven? My gawd, I couldn't even give a shit about cooking when I was 11. The closest I got to baking anything remotely palatable was the Oreo cheesecake, which resulted in this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And you wonder why I don't bake or cook.

Here's a random picture for fun. I made a skirt out of some remnant fabric, which is totally unwearable.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There's a 15cm ruler beside it, so you can gauge its length. It barely covers my arse.

*******

I watched Sunshine with Yong Kang yesterday. It was a cool sort of flick; just not my kind of movie. I didn't get it at all. All that science fiction stuff confounded me. But I guess the day more than made up for the movie. :)

1 comment:

R said...

Hahaha I read that in the papers too. I actually read it twice just to make sure what I read was correct. 11 yr old boy???!!!