Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Elite school review + VDay.

I took a little trip around Singapore town, in a Singapore city BUS!


Spot the gross spelling error.

Hello! Guess where I went? It is true! They have a 7-Eleven and a POSB ATM! Used to have a Subway, until a Subway opened in Junction 8. Whoaa.

For the uninitiated (read: the really thick), I crashed RJC on Tuesday! I liked RJC. If I could go there, I would. But alas, I do not belong to the sacred ranks of six-pointers! The school is enormous, new, and the facilities are up-to-date. Their largest lecture theatre is twice the size of NJ's largest LT and thrice the size of VJ's largest LT. VJ is really small in comparison.

The school has a conducive environment for studying because it's so clean and green and all. I sat for Biology and Economics lecture, and their teachers are undeniably good. Their library is circular and looks like one in Harry Potter and you don't have to return the books to the shelves yourself. Someone else will do it for you. (Taxpayers' money?)

The library also has cushy armchairs and luxurious loveseats that people doze off on. The library has DVD movies you can borrow. The bookshop auntie is nice and charitable, because she says we can exchange the badge if it breaks. Their badge costs $1.30, instead of the usual $1.50. There are about three to four lifts which service seven stories, because RJC is a rich independent school and people don't climb stairs for a living like NJCians do.

Despite their comparatively sedentary lifestyle, I don't think I've seen any fat RJC students. Actually, JC students are all pretty slim in general. Wonder where all the fat kids go to?

Rafflesians give off an intellectual vibe. You can really feel it. The people seem to be eloquent, outspoken individuals who can put across their ideas in a fluent and impressive way. On impressions alone, there are more guys than girls.

I crashed with Erica, and Moses showed us around with his classmate Gerald. Then when we entered the lecture theatre, Moses' classmate was like, "Moses, you sailed in with two boats?" He was punning on the Chinese proverb "yi jiao ta liang chuan" (one foot step two boats). When we left, he was like, "Are the two boats setting sail already?"

-.- But it was a kinda smart comment to churn out.

I didn't really experience the notorious elitism. But then again, seeing how a top secondary school uniform would allow me to pass off as a top junior college student, they may have treated me as one of their own. It's how they treat me when they know I ain't an equal that really counts. That's one of the perks of being in a top secondary school, huh. You get to crash top JCs without looking too suspicious.

Erica was saying that when you get to RJ, nobody asks you what's your L1R5. It's a matter of how many A1s.

I saw Jacqueline, my primary school buddy there while I was queuing up for the Jap food and she was so excited about seeing me and we gave each other a hug. Oh, how doth time fly!

Ok just thinking. My sister got 190+ for PSLE, my brother 230+, and me 260. There was an increase of 40 then 30. The very least my little brother could do was get an increase of 20, but he refused to follow the trend and stubbornly got a 227.

Then for L1R5, my sister got 16, my brother 12, and I, 8. It's a decrease of four points each time. My little brother SHOULD get 6 points, but well, observing the trend...

********

Valentine's Day. Let's thank God for blessing us with generous girls' school girls. Thank you, Great Divine Omnipotent Being for bringing generous girls' school girls to the lives of deprived co-ed school girls. Because of the influx of tooth decay-inducing candy and chocolates, I only spent an all-time low of two bucks at school today. $1.50 on cai fan and fifty cents on a siew mai I didn't need to eat.

I got THREE roses today! One was from 5/6th of the class guys, one was from Nerissa, and one was from Jason whom I coerced into delivering me one! Muahaha. But it was a fair exchange lah. I give them, they give me. Nice. My only gripe was that the flowers came too pricey and CJC didn't take part. Otherwise I'll play some pranks and deliver more roses.

I realised all these things are just useless trophies that are good for one day only. You strut around in school and show off assorted Valentine's Day paraphernalia, but what can you do with them when you get back home? Chocolates will be injested. Flowers will wilt. Balloons? I think they do the worst harm to the environment. Starving sea turtles, asphyxiating seagulls and all that jazz.

Then us dateless soccer girls went to play pool and eat KFC. No one wants to date us soccer girls. :(

Considering today was the first time I properly played pool, I think I may become good at it. Hahaha. I never envisioned myself playing pool. I always thought those pool places looked seedy. Seedy-looking places scare me. Then we had KFC and Joyce told us a lot of ghost stories! Damn it, I don't like ghost stories but I'm enthralled by them all the same. It freaks me out big-time.

It is late. I am becoming fitter, cos I can run five rounds without panting like there's no tomorrow. I need to weigh myself, like, NOW. I'm rather thirsty but I'm scared of the dark. Roar.

1 comment:

the dinosaur said...

Jac and YH's primary school best friend, Harold, happen to be in my class now. Small world.