Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Monday, January 1, 2007

Tips on how to date a girl.

My elder brother and I were giving my little brother tips on how to date.

1. You can never go wrong with ice cream for a first date, because girls like to eat ice cream. It's easy to eat, and you can blush furiously when you two bump spoons to scoop up a particular chunk of ice cream. (Then maybe you can feed her your chunk instead. Aww!) *However, exceptions do apply, like if they are lactose-intolerant or diabetic.

2. An affordable, air-conditioned place is preferred. Think Swensens or Gelare.

3. Be casual about asking the girl out for a date. Don't come off as too flustered.

4. Pay for the first date. You can go Dutch on future dates.

5. Don't let in on the fact that you're a mummy's boy. It is a turn-off.

6. Don't find girls who live too far. Sending her home would be a bitch.

That's all. I hope you find the advice useful. But I'm sure all of you are seasoned players already. Don't need such pathetic advice. I is noob. Haha!

*********

Today is a day where I feel at ease with myself and quite happy. It is certainly very nice to feel wanted. As you may have noticed, I do not like to waste words. I try to use simple and effective English to get my message across, because overly flowery language just defeats the purpose. I also realised that despite not using hyperbolic language, I'm still quite capable of expressing myself, so all's good! Maybe my English just sucks; that's why I am unable to use multi-syllabic words. :(

If my English sucks, then I need to read more books. So I got more fiction, and less self-help this time. I only borrowed three self-help books! Self-help has inculcated in me a habit of using direct and to-the-point language.



i'm so glad that the library doubled its loan limit for the holidays. When I got these books I planted myself at the library with a friend for the longest time evar. The Etiquette book is quite interesting!

Oh man. Why do people always leave so abruptly on MSN? It. Is. So. Annoying.

Recipe for Very-Nice-To-Eat Pasta Dessert

Ingredients:
2 cans of cream (One is about the size of a regular tuna can)
1 can of fruit cocktail, drained (The size of one can is twice as large as the standard can)
Liberal amounts of condensed milk
Pasta

Directions:
1. Boil pasta.
2. Mix pasta, cream, fruit cocktail and condensed milk. Add copious amounts of condensed milk, if you like it sweet.
3. Refrigerate.
4. Tuck in!

Note: You may add raisins or nuts if you like.

I lurvvve eating this. It's sickeningly sweet, especially the one my maid made, but I eat it all the same.

The reason I gave my dad for going to NJC instead of VJC:

"Go to VJC only can meet boys who live in Bedok lah, Tampines lah. Go to NJC can meet boys who live at Bukit Timah!"

He grinned like a Cheshire cat, very relieved that I finally know how to make wise decisions and think for my future. I am happy that he is happy.

2 comments:

mrs mayer said...

hello! please don't go to NJC because of that because you will be SORELY disappointed. the rich bukittimah boys are in rjc, acjc and vjc.

Jin said...

mrs mayer: My chance to handle disappointment, then.