
Me, Ner, Wing Yee, Val
Today was basically a day of chatting. It was good fun chatting. Sometimes I like taking an active part in conversation, other times I prefer just taking a step back and listen to what others have to say. We chatted about school, mostly.
"A lot of people taking BCME combi hor."
"In KI, they ask really weird questions. Like, 'What is a table? Why is it a table?' Siao right?!"
"Sigh, have to start making friends again!"
"I bet everyone there will settle into their own cliques lor."
"Guys can afford to look ugly. Charming can already. But girls depend on looks.
"You going to get stead anot?"
Speaking of school, after Nerissa ran through my NJC orientation schedule, I realised that it is freaking boring! Here's a sample of the first day's events.
Attendance Taking and Assembly
Staff Introduction
Subject Combination Briefing
Break
Code of Conduct
Orientation Briefing
Lunch
Introductory Lesson
- Computing/KI
- General Studies in Chinese and China Studies
- Art/Music
- English Literature
- Chinese/Malay/Tamil Language and Literature
- Biology
- Economics
Debrief
Dismissal
Selection Tests
What the hell, right?! I didn't scrutinise the schedule carefully when I first got it by post. (So impersonal, right? The VJ people got phone calls.) Where's the Icebreaker or Get-To-Know Each Other sessions? Bloody! Sounds so bleak and cold and systematic and so devoid of warmth. :(
NJC also has more girls, definitely. Somehow or another, better schools always have more girls. In secondary school, it was attributed to the fact that boys mature later, so they don't realise their potential until later in life. This would seem a pretty poor excuse in junior college, though. Oh well.
Nerissa came to my house to help me dye my hair. Red brown, the package said. But my hair has no change at all. I am very disappointed! I dyed my hair thrice this holiday. Really crazy, but I feel like doing it. I swear I am going to bleach my hair platinum blonde after 'A' Levels. Life is too short!
Woot it's gonna be 2007 soon.
It is 2007! Do you feel any different? Oh my god I feel so radically different! I feel so much wiser and older!
Okay, I already went through the motions of saying how time flies a million times already. I feel that my childhood is almost behind me. Dang, like Nerissa said, no more chance to wear stupid stuff anymore! Like Val said, we aren't so sheltered anymore. We can't get away with the things we used to be able to do.
This transition was a poignant one. I was chatting with Val. Ah.
Acherly hor, countdowns are pointless because time is relative and at every different latitude midnight comes at a different time. So maybe you can start at the Greenwich Mean Meridian, and take a plane to major cities traveling west (or is it east?) like say Paris, then London, New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo... Ok I'm so tired.
I hope you'll have a good year ahead. I hope I'll have a fulfilling year too. :)


2 comments:
Hey... "VJC is starting to sound appealing. But there's one major drawback. 70% of the cohort will be girls!" -Where did you get the statistics from?
"The guys will be on a roll, whereas the girls? Tough luck. Competition is fierce. If you get a cute guy, you better hold on to him tight before he gets nabbed." -That sounds like a radical change in paradigm. I mean like, a while ago it would go the other way and now?
Anyway a happy new year to you and hope you have an enjoyable 2007!
cleaven: Dunno leh, my friend say one. Haha. Have a great 2007 too!
Post a Comment