I went to junior college with the mentality that it would be a cesspit with the overpowering stench of raging hormones where everyone's just dying to screw each other. My elder sister, in all goodwill, had been trying to warn me of boys with dubious intentions. (She was from CJC, if that's of any consequence. It may have contributed to shaping her impressions of college boys.)
However, the state of moral decadence isn't as bad as my sister made it out to be. Maybe I haven't seen enough yet, or maybe it's just NJC.
I used to bear high hopes for entering an educational institute of the next level. I always thought it meant the people would be significantly more grown up - but I thought wrong. Junior college is but a mere step above secondary school, and so is secondary school to primary school. The only discernible difference between junior college and secondary school is that one would have to get used to not seeing short farts around. People don't automatically become dramatically wiser just because they enter an educational institute of the next level. I thought so, though.
Is the next step, which would be university, be similarly disappointing in terms of the level of maturity I expected? Perhaps. When will we ever be properly considered grown-up, then. Definitely not anytime soon. Maybe we'd only be considered appropriately wise when we're on our deathbeds.
Above notions conceived while strolling around the neighbourhood.
Math sucks, and economics is equally baffling. I'm not cut out for this. I'm very very very relieved that I chose to take an Arts combi, because the only interesting subjects now are Literature and KI. KI today was stressful. *wipes sweat off brow*
1. PE sucks because I'm fucking weak. I need to work out more, especially if I'm gonna hang out with a bunch of canoeists. The peer pressure is stifling.
2. Economics is utterly boring. I cannot figure out yet if it's a case of bad teacher or sucky subject.
3. I miss having Miss Lim as my math teacher, because she's so concise!
4. NJC has too many goddamn steps.
5. Playing Angel/Mortal sucks when your angel/mortal don't reciprocate your gestures.
6. I just read Delle's blog. She's my classmate, and was my kindergarten classmate too. And I feel terribly inadequate because her English is so fantastic. My vocabulary is seriously limited. Shit. Yes, I read a lot, but I read self-help and magazines, which is like, oh, gonna do wonders to my pathetic English. Delle is amazingly eloquent! Only omfgwtfbbq can express how I feel now. I shall now repeat what Weng Soon said to me before, but replacing the name: Delle is imba, English so power.
7. I'm wearing my orange Secondary Two level camp and red NJ shorts and I look like I'm blazing.
8. UNGH!! I cannot stop thinking about how lousy my English is! COMPLETE MISERY.
9. DO MY CLASSMATES MUG THEIR ASSES OFF, OR WHAT?
Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
hey, dont make me laugh x)
Post a Comment