Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Feelings VS time

I've a new theory. This is how our feelings for someone change as we are trying to get over them.
Photobucket
Initially, it is an extreme hate-love relationship. Sometimes you get really infatuated thinking of the person's amazingness, sometimes you get really pissed off with the person's lack of reciprocity. With time, the intensity of your feelings peter out and so do the frequency with which your feelings fluctuate. Eventually, your feelings will settle into pure indifference. Well, this graph assumes that nothing appears to interrupt the getting-over process. Which is typically a terrible assumption, but yea, you get what I mean.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. I was thinking of a downwards sloping curve.

Huis Clos said...

Simple harmonic motion. Damping.

Jin said...

huis clos: Nice! Glad I can finally put a label to the graph.