Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mucking about.

I like to jaywalk, and I do it a lot. Whenever I jaywalk in front of a car, I position my lips into a delicate smile and open my eyes a little wider, and make eye contact with the driver, as if I were saying, "I am so small and petite, please don't run me over, and please don't honk at me." I'd like to think that it works.

I needed a bit of ass-kicking to get my ass out of the house today. I tend to fall into this vicious cycle. I laze around, eat, feel fat, feel too fat to go out, laze around, eat some more. On the flip side, I go out, don't eat, feel skinny and fabulous, go out more, and eat even less. I went for a much-needed run after months of inertia. I need my running mojo back. But I've obtained my university ID, which means free gym access. Whoo.

Time for huge-ass pictures to overload your sorry internet connections!
Photobucket
Cupcakes, derived from Nigella Lawson's Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake. Brother-in-law says it tastes like it came out of a boxed mix. I'd like to think that's not a bad thing at all.

Photobucket
Skate shop in SoHo and a man with interesting cornrows. I went into the shop and browsed for a bit, and I thought the retail assistants were very unfriendly. Them skaters.

Photobucket
Chocolate chip cookies good-looking enough to be sold. Maybe I can sell them at Union Square on weekends for a bit of income on the side? Mmm.

Photobucket
The recipe is derived from here. They are crispy on the edges and chewy in the middle. Mmm my favourite type of cookie.

Photobucket
Cute-as-pie hairclips I bought from H&M. Soo cute.

Photobucket
Wendy's chocolate soft-serve ice cream. This was my lunch for today. I felt sick of it when I was a third through, but forced myself to go on because I didn't want to have to buy something else. Finished three-quarters and gave up. This cost $1.51.

Photobucket
The inside of the New York Public Library. Really intimidating place; a sneeze or a cough echoes throughout the entire hall.

Photobucket
Its ceiling. Um I don't know what kind of architectural style this is. Gothic?

Photobucket
Just found this fire hose an eccentric blend of old and modern, practicality and aesthetic appeal.

I got out of the library and sat on one of Bryant Park's chairs.

Photobucket
I was tired and sat down for a long while, finally finishing the book that Vivien gave me: The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott. Peck. Very insightful. Can't be arsed to quote, though. Self-help gives me strength!

Photobucket
The park was closed, so this was the best view I could get. I wonder why people don't steal the chairs. Maybe they do. A lot of people settle down on the chairs and tables to have a meal on the go. The chairs see a lot of bums in any given slot of time, and the only other person who hung out longer than I did was a greasy-haired middle-aged man who slept on a table with a backpack between his feet. I am next in line to a homeless hobo.

I don't always like blogging posts like these, because posts like these reveal things about my life that some people don't deserve access to.

No comments: