Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

And darling, "pretensive" is not a word.

I just some read some girl's blog who, for the life of me, does not know how to take things into context and has no sense of subtlety and irony at all.

"...she was very very confident of her looks, often making remarks about how she has to brush off guys, insinuating that they were attracted to her because of her attractive appearance. I really, honestly didn't see it and thought she was even more disgusting than before. But I read her recent blog entry, no more insinuating that she was good looking.But now she blatantly proclaims to be part of the "cool girl clique" and describes herself to be akin to a "queen bee" Really like no modesty! and she questions how she can be "attractive without doing anything".'

She's referring to this post over here. Seriously, it's the thick dimwits like her that make blogging such a fucking chore. Clearly, she doesn't get that that post had nothing to do with overt confidence and a lack of modesty; it is in fact what I might consider an utterly insecure and vulnerable rant. Does she seriously think I need to prove my worth to inane blog readers like her? She has no idea what she's talking about. I think I have a pretty dislikable personality. You might beg to differ or agree vehemently, whatever. So that post was really about questioning why people were drawn to me - at that point in time, at least.

The post was practically saturated with uncertainty, tentativeness and doubt I am entirely dumbfounded that she wasn't sensitive enough to pick up on that.

"Now I'm like Miss Popularity or something. People actually ask me out for gatherings."

Is this not self-deprecation at its most naked form? Take note of the words "like", "or something" and "actually".

Then there's this remark, that she took offense with:

"Like I am the queen bee, and all I had to do was put someone down and everyone follows suit."

She had absolutely no clue what was going on in my life. She might personally think I am ugly; so? That doesn't change anything about what happened in my life then.

I seriously have no clue what ongoing feud she has with me. We've never even spoken. Whatever she is disgusted by is merely by what she presumes me to be insinuating. In other words, it's not me - IT IS HER. I'd contact her if I could, but her blog of anonymity doesn't allow me to reach out to her personally, so I guess she can continue making baseless and unjustified value judgements without fear of repercussion. You'd almost think she has something personal against me, wouldn't you? And that wouldn't be entirely possible, considering how she played a role in breaking up my last relationship.

But that's a closed chapter, my friends. I let sleeping dogs lie. I don't care if she thinks I'm fugly, because her opinion doesn't count in the least and I think she is, too. But of course I am not going to be as low as her and dismiss people simply because of the way I THINK they look. I am bigger than that, and this time that's a blatant proclamation. If you won't misunderstand me unless I state everything in black-and-white, you're probably too dumb for me. So fuck off. :)

7 comments:

J&J said...

Hey!! How are you doing there? Adapting fine? hahaz I MISS YOU!!!!

Jin said...

Okaay I am going to infer that you are Jason ah. If you are, I miss you too! I feel like we didn't say bye properly lor. I miss Singapore! But I adore it here, so I'm torn >.<

wanni said...

Wow. That girl sure failed her comprehension in school. It's so obvious that your tone in the entry was of bewilderment from the sudden shower of attention lah!! MY GOODNESS. Urghhh!

Jin said...

wanni: TOTALLY la. She has something against me lor. Boyfriend-stealer. Pfft.

Clarice said...

Hey, I'm a blog reader of yours. And I was actually bewildered upon reading her response to that blog entry of yours because I see no link between her aggressive come-back and your blog entry.
But I'm so glad you're not one of those, who would in vengeance, tick off the other side by passing off equally baseless derogatory remarks. :) Basically, you did not stoop to her level which is great!

Cheers,
Clarice

eyyeffass said...

hi dear, saw you before since i am from SIM, across you.

you look really good, toned legs especially omg.

i am a reader, don't want to say HI and shock you, you know heh. :)

cheers.

Jin said...

clarice: Thank you! You are so sweet :)

eyyef: Wow I am really flattered! You should've said hi, I don't bite! Now you won't get a chance to because I'm not in Singapore :(