Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Seduction

I chanced upon this awesome awesome forum, the Pick Up Artist forum. Everybody should seriously just read it. The posters are intelligent and smart and there are the wisest tidbits on dating and flirting. I am slightly appalled by the male perspective on dating, but heck, it's not something I didn't know.
"I live by high standards. FBs can be nice, but you have to draw the line somewhere. Some guys have emotional problems when dealing with FBs. They end up regretting what they did because with most FBs, you don't really have anything more than a shallow, sexual connection with a woman. If shallow sex is your thing, then go for it(but aim higher.. like 7s and 8s). Otherwise, it's healthier to establish some kind of connection with whoever you're fucking."
- thread

"People are people, there is no reason for all these rules and procedures for social interaction. No-one is going to hurt you, and if they do, thats only because you let them. Now, I have more success than ever with both men and women. I bought a girl I have been seeing for less than a week a nice arrangement of Oriental Lillys the other day. Is it because I'm a sucker? No. It's because I fucking felt like it, and she's a delight to be around. So why the fuck not? Did that make her think I was a chump? Of course it didn't. She jumped and smiled with joy and told me I just made her week. Which of course, is exactly what I wanted to do."
- thread

This forum is the most useful thing I've seen in ages. I will keep my eyes peeled.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this!

I particularly like the thread on not over complicating things. It can be distressing to irrationalise rational things.

Jin said...

glenn: You are welcome; anything to increase the number of conniving pick up artists in the world!

While it is certainly distressing, one can't always help it, can they?

marj said...

Maybe you would enjoy reading The Game by Neil Strauss (Style). I found it an interesting read ;)

Adrian said...

Reconnoitering the enemy base, huh?