AND it hurts, ok. And it's quite sick, actually. Of all the secretions to ooze out of my tit, it's blood. Hoho. I guess this is what happens when one opts to wear lacy underthings for running 5.5km. *gropes boob in agony*
On to more humdrum stuff: I tried my hand at baking eclairs today. They turned out quite horrible. Edible, definitely, but you'd be advised to eat them blindfolded. I actually went through all of the trouble of buying whipping cream and whipping it so it'd be whipped cream, but I was a tad too vigorous with whipping it and it became milk and butter. -.- I decided to drink the milk up, and convert the butter into garlic spread, by adding some brown sugar and garlic bits. I hope by tomorrow the garlic flavours have infused into the butter.
These are pictures of the second last Oreo cheesecake I made. (I just made another one: in total I've made three cakes with that 2kg block of cream cheese. And I still had left over to sell Val 600g of it. I vow never to buy a 2kg block again unless I'm going to be commissioned to make cheesecakes.) I have this brainwave. Maybe I should set up a boutique-cafe of sorts: There'll be a selection of clothes (all made up by yours truly), and also a cafe section with all sorts of delectable goodies (also prepared by yours truly). I could even set up a tiny "counselling booth", like those "psychiatric help for 5cents" booths in Peanuts.
I have such impeccable taste; surely the business would be roaring? Hah. It's a fun thought, though. I am already envisioning the decor and everything.



It's actually quite good. I finished the last slice yesterday. I last said that it tasted like crap; I was wrong; it only tastes like crap if it isn't properly chilled. Recipe here.

These are the books that I've just read/am reading. Finished Alice in Quantumland. It's an allegory of quantum physics. I've got a thing for quantum theory, I think it's mind-bogglingly fascinating. It's only too bad that I don't quite understand it as much as I would like to. Sucks for not having a solid grounding in physics.
Do watch this video on the double-slit experiment! Super "wtf?!".
Anyway, here's a quote from the book: "Anyone who does not feel dizzy when thinking about quantum theory had not understood it. -Neils Bohr"
The Social Psychology textbook is a delicious tome I obtained, due to my resourcefulness. (Ha!)
I was rifling through some old items and found these newspaper clippings.

It's actually dated 2004. Hmmm. I only kept it because it was meant to remind myself not to date neighbourhood school people again. Which failed. Meh.
P.S. Leung Yan said that I "write very well"! It's been a long time since anybody told me I write well. Has anybody even told me before that I write well?! Discounting the possiblity that he could be lying through his teeth, I will savour this compliment for as long as I can hold on to it. I need some positive affirmation once in a while, you know. Shuangness.


3 comments:
*Ouch!*
Nipple abrasion~
eustace: Yaaa I'm sure you know how it feels right. Next time must paste plaster/duct tape/masking tape...
actually i did some research about it and realised that it has to do with the quality of the material we wear and the method, by using one of those tight bands around the chest to prevent the cloth from rubbing aganist the... u know lah huh....
BTW, the plaster can fall out due to sweat accumulation.
Post a Comment