Being hungry is better than being fat. If I were hungry, I may run the risk of dying from starvation. But at least I will depart the world in a stylishly skinny fashion akin to size zero Parisian models (though I am currently far from size zero). If I were fat, not only would I be condemned to a prolonged death from high blood pressure and clogged arteries, I would also be barred from wearing chic clothes - which is effectively social suicide, equivalent to death. I would be condemned to leading a life of a hermit if I were fat, because I simply will not allow myself to leave the house looking like the Michelin man. Why would I want to subject myself to a lifetime of ridicule and shame?
Better to die looking good, than agonisingly heave to my deathbed with every ear-shattering stomp I make with my trunk-like legs. And risk skinny bloggers decreeing that fat people should be eliminated from the world because they take up too much damn space and they're a fucking eyesore anyway.
Seriously warped logic, I know. I'm committing various fallacies here: false dichotomy (if not skinny, must be fat), slippery slope/red herring/missing the point (from being hungry to dying), and probably more that my inadequacy cannot identify, nor rectify. But this is my feeble mind attempting to convince the ailing spirit that hungry is better than fat.
If only I could convince my body so. Stomach of incessant gurgling, why doesn't logic (albeit warped) get to you?
I know I am no longer skinny when:
- I whine about my growing thighs and all I get is a patronising nod of acknowledgment. You are supposed to vehemently deny that I need to lose weight, dammit!
- Among other things too shameful to be repeated here.
The thing motivating me now is Vivien's wise words. "Well, if you're not sticking to your diet, it means you don't want to lose weight badly enough."
WHAT?! An insult to my self-discipline! And my intrinsic motivation! (Which my Secondary Four form teacher praised me for) I protest. The revival of the diet is as much as a retort to her remark as an attempt to prove to myself that I AM inherently self-disciplined. HMPH!
Well. Does Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars sound appealing or what? The title has me drooling already.
Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment