Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Toodle-dums.

Gluttony

I
Look in the mirror
Fats, I can't quite see
So why am I still
Fifty kg?

My
Friends say it's muscle
(I can't quite believe them)
But if they are lying
Who can I trust, then?

It
Sure doesn't help
That I eat so much
It's irresistable
Candies, pastries and fudge!

As a gentle reminder
So I won't put on more blub
My handphone screen
Says: "You have fat thighs that rub."

********

Dance class was good! I went to the hip hop class at O School. With it being an open class, I doubt I'll get a lot of chance to develop my own style, but it's a good workout anyway. I've got to thank Leung Yan for inspiring me to finally get around to doing this. I've been wanting to take up dance classes since I was fifteen but never got around to doing it. No friends to do it with me, no time, no (monetary) support; tonnes of wimpy excuses I concocted for myself.

I spent Friday afternoon with the gal pals, namely Nerissa, Wing Yee and Valerie. Despite having numbed my ass on the bus taking an hour and a half long journey to Katong, it was entirely worth it. It was reassuring to see familiar faces, comforting to indulge in frivolous chatter, relieving to know that having gone our separate ways after secondary school has not impaired our ability to have a good conversation. The day was characteristic of most days out together: a good meal, walking around with an aim in mind (mission for the day: locate an ideal wallet for Ner and a gift for her friend) and not achieving that aim, then settling in a cosy eatery to rest our fatigued limbs and let our mouths do the work.

We must have spent at least two hours at the dessert shop talking, watching dusk fall upon us and artificial light light our faces instead of natural light. It almost seems as if we could never tire of nostalgia. Reminiscing over times long past is a favourite past time that will never fall out of favour.

Anyway, I saw this hand-winding musical box thingy in two of the gift shops. I was damn fascinated with it lah! I wound as many as I could. It was the second time I saw such a contraption. The first time was in the art room at secondary school. Somebody had left one in there, and when I wasn't working on my coursework (which was half the time, really), I was winding the thing, hearing it play The Sound of Music. I am quite inclined to buy a couple of those... but should I? Seems like such a novelty that I'll soon get bored with.

***********

I was out today, and I was in Bata. This woman addressed a young girl, presumably her daughter: "I thought you want to find your princess shoes?" The girl then pranced off, in search for her princess shoes.

Oh my goodness. STOP IT ALREADY. From now onwards, let's stop calling girls princesses. All of them are going to think they are royalty, and will act like spoilt brats demanding everyone to wait upon them. Parents need to stop calling their daughters princesses. Boyfriends need to stop calling their girlfriends princesses. Face it, it's not going to be special if everyone is a princess like you.

From our generation onwards, we shall never let the endearment "Princess" pass our lips. If we all cooperate, "princess" will fall out of favour by the next generation and all the females in the world can bloody face the fact that they are not princesses, no matter how many tiaras they have.

No comments: