Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Sacred Heart Diet Part III

Day Four, Thursday:
All this damned diet does is make me feel like a starving wreck. Had a banana and a glass of milk for breakfast, and had three bananas and two glasses of milk once I got home. The diet has lied; I have not lost any weight, neither do I feel more energised. In fact, I've been feeling rather weak and lethargic.

I hate diets. This is my first one ever, and may well be my last. Agh. I'd feel a lot better if I had actually lost some weight to spur me on.

Day Five, Friday:
I woke up to a 47.2kg on the weighing scale! I lost about 1.5kg, or more. Well, good. I'm seeing a bit of payoff.

Today would be my first taste of meat since Sunday. It was glorious, even though I had a few miserly pieces of minced pork. Drank blackcurrent and aloe vera fruit juice, and to my horror is NOT sugarfree. I also drank cranberry and pomegranate juice. Had a small sausage, a curry chicken drumstick and kangkong. I am supposed to eat tomatoes today but fuck it, I'll just eat vegetables.

I prepared chicken according to a recipe in the microwave book, and this is what I got:

Looks kinda sick. There are pineapples, tomatoes and tomato ketchup in there. Still edible, though. Yea, this was my dinner. Eight chicken midwings.

Day Six, Saturday:
I don't feel so bad now! Being able to eat an unlimited amount of meat is actually bearable. I think the diet gets progressively better. I prepared some chicken kebabs according to a recipe in a cookbook.


Since my amazing microwave has both the grill and bake function, these chicken wings were grilled for twelve minutes, then baked for seven. The recipe called for barbeque sauce, but I had none, so I added the various sauces I had at home: soy sauce, sweet sauce, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, etc. It tasted good!

That was for breakfast/lunch. Had some claypot chicken at around 1 plus again. At dinner, I had fish soup with vegetables.

I bought a 2kg slab of cream cheese in anticipation of me breaking diet come Monday. I was intending to bake a cheesecake on Sunday, so I can gorge on Monday. Buying in bulk makes it less than half the price of Philadelphia cream cheese. It's such a rip-off! Philadelphia cream cheese is 5 bucks for 227g. The 2kg slab I got cost $15.90. From Phoon Huat, the baking supplier place.

Well, I couldn't wait to bake, so I baked the cheesecake already. But it's now chilling in the fridge, so pictures another time. I felt like baking more (since I have so much cream cheese anyway), so I baked chewy cheesecake cookies! Click the link to check out recipe. I favour the nibbler-sized cookie, so I made them smaller. I think one cup of sugar is too sweet, if you care to try out this recipe I recommend you cut down on the sugar.




Obviously, I couldn't resist these bite-sized pieces of bliss, so I broke my diet earlier. My first taste of refined sugar in six days! Now, before you accuse me of being ill-disciplined, I have some retorts ready to roll off my tongue.

1. Upon making eye contact, Jolene immediately said: "You are so skinny now, are you on a diet?" It was so pleasing to hear that! Finally, all that starving had paid off! That's what really matters, isn't it? The entire purpose of me going on a diet is so I'll appear slimmer to others. Since it is visibly obvious, there's no need for me to lose anymore weight. I was trying out my dresses yesterday, just to see if they fit any different now that I managed to lose 1.5kg. And I look good in them!

2. I've managed to survive the first three days of my diet on fruits and vegetables. Surely I am capable of lasting one more day?

3. I know I could continue if I wanted to. But I don't want to. So I won't. It's a matter of self-awareness, I guess. I am (delusionally) aware that I could last one more day if I wanted to, so whether I really continue for one more day or not doesn't matter.

Overall review of diet:
Lost about 1.5kg to 2kg. Might lose more if I had a less efficient metabolic rate. Conclusion? The diet works. You get a bit dizzy and weak the first few days, but after that, carbs don't seem to tempt so much anymore. There's this queer sense of satisfaction from having hunger pangs, knowing that everytime your stomach gurgles you are shedding pounds.

I think I will definitely put on weight again, though. Anyway, after being derprived of carbs for so long, I had better control my carb intake for the next few days lest my body hoards everything that I consume.

You could try the diet if you want to. *shrugs* Don't blame me if you die, though.

No comments: