However, flared skirts will hide flabby thighs and opulent fabrics such as silk and satin distract the eye from an unattractive sillhouette, as this dress demonstrates.
Despite the relative fashion-forwardness of the clothing, I can't help but wince slightly at a vague feeling that something has gone awry in the process of trying to adorn these ladies. It seems unnatural that no lovehandles, muffin tops, saddle bags or other euphemistic endearments for what I plainly call fats are visible despite the form-fitting dresses.
Isn't it very strange? Surely they have on at least a couple pounds worth of spandex in the form of control undergarments restraining their bulges? Even an average-sized being like me would have all kinds of lumps and bumps that I never knew existed emerge if I attempted wearing such figure-hugging clothes. Real people cannot possibly look so airbrushed. These models just look too... smooth, and especially so considering that they are large.
Despite exuding confidence and glamour, the first thing I see isn't really their clothes.
What I do see is the immense amount of yardage required to make up these clothes. It's very hard to see past the vastness of the body (whoa, shiny blue cushion coming my way) and appreciate these outfits for their trendiness.
But you certainly have to credit the people behind this initiative. It's already tricky enough trying to grapple with concealing fats. They have actually upped the ante and attempted to revolutionise the usual standards of apparel for voluptuous women.
While they try to indoctrinate the world with the notion that big is beautiful, I'm sticking to being slim (as far as my junk food-centred diet will allow me). Shall we look at some head-turning clothes now? Not because its enormity grabs your attention, but because it has divine details that the slim physique of the model doesn't detract from.

Thank goodness for collarbones that aren't buried under layers of fat! The white dress just looks delicious with her skin tone, doesn't it?

And you know for sure this model can't be wearing control undergarments. What would there be to compress, anyway? Look, the dress is crumpled in some parts, straining in others. If someone as skinny as this model has a slight discernable bulge on her abdomen, surely the plus-sized models would have an even larger bulge? At least for the skinny models, you can be sure that their figures would probably look the same with clothes on or off.

I really like the laser-cut satin thing. It looks really sharp.


This dress is a bit off, though I guess the ruching on the waistline would probably camouflage unsightly creases from being seated. Still, if I had a flat tummy like that I'd wear dresses like these all the time, confirm.


2 comments:
No matter how much those people try to convince the world and those poor, disillusioned people that fat is fine, I'm afraid that most men, myself included, will never find it attractive.
adrian: Exactly! They can comfort themselves all they want and in the end, it's not their opinion that counts.
Post a Comment