Then I checked out the 'A' Level artworks. It's damn awesome. Screws with your mind, takes your breath away, etc. The thing about artwork done by younger people is that it's more... vibrant? Adventurous? Sincere? And I definitely feel a deeper connection than those distant exhibits in an art gallery.
I have a few prerequisites for my future home. A super large bathroom, an entertainment room (with cool sound systems, huge screens and everything) and a large walk-in closet, almost like a small boutique. Well, materialistic and superficial fancies they are, but fancies are such nice things, aren't they?
Also, what's been happening in school is that Zhao Dong has been asking around, whether we'd pierce our tongues or get a tattoo. Most chose tongue piercing, but when he defined tattoo as "a dragon on your whole back", people opted for tongue piercing. Funny dude.
Okay, I got a B C C D D for my promos, which is errrr, okay, average. Essentially mediocre. Math, Literature, Econs, Chinese and KI respectively.
I got an A and B for the Math and Econs papers respectively, which is quite a huge jump from the previous Us I got. But well, no one ever cares about the process, and as long as the final results don't show straight As, no one gives a shit about how much you've improved. As for KI, I did abysmally. Which I suppose was justified, but I swear I am not going to tolerate anymore whining from my overachieving classmates. Fucking annoying.
That's the thing about doing well for things, isn't it? There's hardly any more peak left to scale, but beneath you you've got this cavernous valley eagerly waiting to consume you alive. Whereas if you were at the bottom of a cesspit, the only way is up, right?
Even if you did worse for a subject you're already failing, no one really faults you because you've already been condemned to fail. But to do worse for something you once aced, people sit up and take notice. Not as much as they do improvements, though.
I got sticker and chop. Whee!
Anyway my math tutor was such a bitch about my results. I mean this as an endearment, like how I'd playfully call a friend "bitch", though to be honest I'm not of the sort to call my friends bitches. He was like, "Oh, I think you've got a multiple of nine for your results! I'm sure you've improved, though. What did you get for common test?"
"Er... 35?"
"Oh! Maybe you got 36 this time?"
-.-
Oh oh oh. I did this walking thing today. From Chinatown to Central, past Esplanade to Raffles City to Bugis Junction. It isn't actually that far, but I normally don't traverse the entire town area on foot. Alone, too.
I saw a couple of office men walking, with one guy's arm on the other's shoulder. It was slightly weird.
A man in his thirties gave his seat up to a pregnant lady on the bus. She didn't have the typical self-righteous pregnant lady look, like "I'm pregnant and you better give your seat to me". Instead, she even looked a little embarrassed by having inconvenienced someone. It made me wonder, if there was a hobbling old man and a pregnant lady, who would you give up your seat to?
Logically speaking, I'd give my seat up to the pregnant lady. Seeing how she still has half a life more to go, and she has a whole life inside of her, that's more than the quarter of a life the old fogey has left. Furthermore, the pregnant lady could potentially still give birth to more children, which increases her utility. The old man's probably quite spent.
Pregnant lady = 0.5 life
Foetus = 1 life
Old man = 0.25 life
Pregnant lady + Foetus > Old man
But that's logically speaking. You can't really attach a value to a person's life. If a pregnant lady was sitting down, and an old man boarded the bus, what is the likelihood of her giving up her seat to him? What if the old man was sitting, is the likelihood of him giving up his seat higher or lower than the previous scenario?
But practically speaking, it's all bullshit. It's not as if a bus is made up of solely pregnant ladies and hobbly old men. That'd be quite a sight, actually. I think I'll laugh if I saw such a bus zooming past. Old men and pregnant ladies bickering over who should sit. Torn by propriety and necessity. Desires and beliefs.


No comments:
Post a Comment