Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Aristotle's Wheel Paradox, pop-up card, arts fac tee.

Now that my KI presentation is finally over I can show you all this! Aristotle's Wheel Paradox! I've been saving it so I can screw my classmate's minds up... and it did! Well it screwed me up too... But from the help of the genius that is YK, I understood it...



Well, it's a paradox because the inner circle is supposed to have a smaller circumference than the outer circle, right? But the animation shows otherwise! So, why?! TELL ME!

P.S. I realised the animation doesn't work. Click here!

********

My camera flash doesn't work anymore!!! Oh man, it's utterly tragic. My three-year-old camera is practically obsolete...

Oh yea I made these kitschy little cards!




Aren't they soo sweet. And the ball pops up! Well it's not very neat, and I smeared glue and liquid paper in random spots but it'll do just fine. Oh, if you're starting to think I'm one of those undiscriminating people who give gifts/cards to everyone and anyone (especially when it does me no good at all), then that's not true because this is a "team" thing and it's apparently obligatory.

Oh yea we got this dandy shirt!


So cute right?! That's Mr Whitby's trademark phrase! And the thing is, it's sort of something worth showing off, because there are only four maintream Arts classes, including seniors. Exclusivity, y'know?

Mr Whitby is one of favourite teachers, along with Miss Vignesh. But well, you see, they're intelligent teachers who aren't likely to fall for cards with cheesy messages, so they're better off reserving their energies than trying to suppress their sniggers.

I am surprised that people aren't aware of the Mobius strip! It is cool with a capital K! I thought everyone knew about it... It's really wicked and confounding. The whole multi-dimension thing is cool too. Omg and what is negative curvature I still haven't figured out.

2 comments:

Shen Ting said...

The angular velocity is the same but the linear velocity is not.

Jin said...

shen ting: Wh-wh-what? Ok.