I am back! I returned on Thursday morning, 5.45 am. I was so beat, but I tried my very best to keep awake. Didn't want to suffer from the repercussions of jet lag. I was so tired that day, I suffered from a massive headache. I felt so exhausted that I could sob/scream if the littlest thing had provoked me. Little did I know that jet lag is more persistent than it appears to be. I feel like I'm napping when I'm sleeping at night. Bah.
Anyhow, there was a 7 year old kid on the plane traveling all by herself! Isn't that admirable? Her name is Elizabeth, and she hails from North Carolina. She's meeting her grandparents in Singapore. She looked quite lonely, so I spoke to her. But only when there was five more hours to go to Singapore. Btw, did you know that the plane traveled across the North Pole? It first traveled north from New York, then it headed south from the North Pole, crossing Russia, China, Thailand and Malaysia. Cool, huh.
Elizabeth was quite amusing. She told me the reason why she's traveling alone is because her parents had just divorced. Apparently, her parents had a huge fight and her dad had burnt down their trailer. Her mother is suffering from burns and will be in the hospital for 35 months. Elizabeth asked me if I was poor. I answered, "Well, not really. Are you?" She said is a little poor. I was curious, so I asked, "So how did you manage to pay for the plane ticket if you are poor?"
Here's the funniest part.
"I baked cookies and sold lemonade at a wooden stand and saved up money," she said mournfully.
Right... I can't believe I was taken in by her! But well, kids tell tall tales.
When we touched down, she ran to her grandpa and he picked her up. Then she looked mischieviously at me, "My grandpa can pick my grandma (who incidentally happens to be Chinese) up. I bet he can pick you up too!"
Anyway, along with jet lag I'm suffering from a poor appetite too. I've only eaten a meal a day since I've arrived. Agh. It's the kind of hunger that is so accentuated that you stop feeling hungry and you just feel a queer sense of emptiness that doesn't really bother you. However, taking a gulp of water is enough to stimulate my gastric juices so badly that I avoid ingesting anything.
And now I am 48.3kg. Whoo. I was a fat fifty when I first weighed myself. I can afford to skip meals now that I'm not exercising... Maybe that accounts for the dratted headache.
Oh yes. I thought about it. Let's say I deliberately learn how to cook just to attract guys, despite not having any real interest in it. Therefore, the guys who like me will end up being guys who just dig the fact that I can cook. But then, it's just a facade. So they're merely falling for a facade. The moral of the story is: Be true to yourself, so people will fall for who you really are.
I really should consider that in a reverse way too. Let's say I dig jocks, but what if they only join a sport because they think it's a good chick pulling factor? Hmmm. A dilemma, this is.
Now you can see me walking the streets of Singapore once again! Muahaha.
Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
guys play sports because we like to play sports. I don't know how to explain why we like it, its just fun. And we like to compete. And we like to win. we don't do it for chicks.
What kind of chicks sit down and watch guys play sport anyway? don't they have better things to do?
daniel: It doesn't have anything to do with watching the sport, it's the being sporty that's attractive.
yup. that's true.
May you have more eye candy to look at everyday then, in all flavours, shapes and sizes.
Post a Comment