Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Clique analysis.

There are many interesting people in New York. Generally, the New Yorkers are a trendy bunch. Hairdos include dreadlocks, braids (even on Asians), crazy colours and funky asymmetrical cuts. More men have long hair too, and they look normal. Sunglasses and boots can be worn without looking like stupid poseurs. When it was rainy, everyone was armed with cute brollies and stylish raincoats.

They always look like they have somewhere to go, somebody to meet, something to do. The New Yorker spirit, I guess.

I wish I could seat myself down somewhere and just people-watch the entire day. I should've done that today and yesterday when my sister was working from home, but I felt too ill to venture. The vintage shops are quaint and quirky too. If I had the luxury of time, I'd browse every single store. I really wasn't into checking out indie shops until I was influenced to. The power of persuasion!

Oh yes, I'm reading this book called The Power Of Persuasion by Robert Levine. It's highly interesting. He discusses in-depth the tactics on how we are bought and sold through methods like advertising. For example, if you wanna sell something in a shop, place it in a ten-feet radius from the store entrance, cos that's the decompression zone where people are still reorientating themselves and slowing down their previously brisk footsteps. A woman reads a shampoo gel label for five seconds on average, and a moisturiser label 16 seconds. There's more; why don't you check the book out yourself?

My sister insists that I am jealous of Princess Michie. Like, whatever. I am not jealous of her. Hmph. After going through her Stomp posts, I think she's really funny. She finds an excuse to insert camwhoring photos of herself whenever she can, doesn't she? But aiya, chio people can do whatever they want lah, hor. Chio people and their chioness. And I wonder why Stomp hired her. Well, granted, the idea of Stomp is stupid, but isn't one pink-loving bimbo enough? Also, I thought Stomp was meant to be a subdivision of The Straits Times. No quality control at all? Sigh. I feel so embarrassed.

Oh, I took a quiz.

Your Score: Masculine


You scored 76 masculinity and 26 femininity!



You scored high on masculinity and low on femininity. You have a traditionally masculine personality.

Link: The Bem Sex Role Inventory Test written by weirdscience on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test


Hohoho. Not the first time I've obtained similar results. This makes me recall Perdana's (my PAE classmate) description of me, and the rest of the class. Ugh. I cannot tell you how much I hated that class. The politics was so horrendous, especially if like me, you don't have a big old bitchy clique to back you up. The class was split into two major cliques, the cheena and the non-cheena. Both sides were saying nasty things about each other. The cheena clique were at least upfront about it (I had first-hand information) ; but the non-cheena clique obviously were completely indifferent to the cheena clique's existence. Seriously, I didn't want to be sucked into class politics but I was anyhow. Too bad for me, I guess. The lone person is always the most vulnerable.

Fortunately I had soccer to take my mind off things. (But now I got "social life" fighting for time with soccer. How?!) Digressing, the soccer girls are so incredibly nice I cannot believe it. I thought any all-girl group is sure to have some cattiness, or at least more than whatever's evident in soccer girls. I personally subscribe to the stereotype that girls' school girls are bitchy, actually. As a whole, I just kan bu shuang. Got qian bian face. Lol. Not like there aren't nice individuals, but you get on their wrong side, you suffer. Like I did. Ha.

In any case, the cheena clique of PAE 07A02 has since dissipated, but in its place is a new cheena clique. Which comprises of nice people I can better get along with. I guess the class isn't half as exciting now that the bitchiness and politics is gone, but I couldn't care less. Time flies, when I'm having fun with somebody else.

I've always been quite intriguied by class politics/cliques. In Secondary Two, I came up with this complex web of cliques in class. I wrote out people's names and grouped them according to their respective cliques. Next, I used a particular colour to link up significant pairings within the clique. Next, I used a different colour to link up connections between cliques. The entire diagram was very interesting, and I attempted that for my Secondary Four class.

Well. Gotta run.

No comments: