Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Happyness.

Isn't it a handy ability to detach one's self at will? I think it's extremely useful to remain emotionally detached if required. I've reached the point when I just simply don't care. A good form of self-protection, I suppose. Getting attached to things is a very human attribute, and what I feel is a flaw, a shortcoming that would make the world a better place were it eradicated. When you're emotionally detached, you keep a cool head, you make sensible judgments. Things that once affected me are now silly and inconsequential.

Anyway. I'm in a rather good mood. After today's match in the morning, the team went to have lunch. So fun.

I went to Chinatown after that to get something for Nerissa. I do hope she likes it. Well, I guess I'll just have to find out tomorrow! (Or later today, rather.) The effects of a good mood are rather positive. When I'm in a good mood, I feel like being nice to people. I'd do thoughtful little gestures to brighten someone's day. And good moods are highly infectious which can easily cause a chain reaction. If someone did something nice for me, I'd be in a good mood, then I'd do something nice for someone, and the cycle continues.

Mean people aren't happy people, that I can say for sure.

Oh, the reason why I am feeling happy is also because I bought mascara and lipbalm. That's kinda lame, but yea. Don't ever get Vaseline lipbalm. It makes your lips chap even worse. The trusted brands I use are Neutrogena and Banana Boat. Lip Ice Soft is decent, but it's a bit too greasy for my liking.

Here's yet another conversation I had with my brother. We've had this conversation in a gazillion variations, but we never tire of it.

Bro: If you could have one superpower, what do you want it to be? (Him having prior knowledge of what I'd say...) Cannot choose a power that will let you have more powers!

Me: Okay. Then I choose to have the power of granting myself an infinite number of wishes.

Bro: Cannot!

Me: Then I'd choose to read people's minds?

Bro: Hmmm. I want to be able to control time.

Me: Do you want to go into the future or the past?

Bro: I wanna go back into the past, and change things.

Me: I wanna go back into the very beginning, and ask God if there are aliens. I don't understand why he chooses to focus on human beings on Earth. The universe is so big. Surely there are other living things around?

Bro: I think there are aliens. Confirm one lah. The universe is so big.

An age-old question that has been bothering my infantile mind: Where is the ceiling of the universe? I always thought the universe had a "ceiling", because I thought a rocket would eventually smash its nose into the universe's "ceiling" if it went high enough. Ha, I'm so lame.

It has been a good day. I'm gonna go sleep, fret over KI and the PI, and think how I'm gonna cram in those two assignments tomorrow.

Yay. :) :) :) Haven't been in a genuine good mood for so long. The previous good moods were just "highs". It's like when a wave builds up really high before it crashes and breaks against the shore. Then I'd be all depressed by the next day. But now I'm bobbing gently in the middle of a pretty lake, soaking in the scenery, with no rude disturbances. Sweet.

1 comment:

fabz said...

is ur jersey no.4? cuz i was at NJ on sat to collect some stuff and think i saw u all playing with another team.